File Request Request BIOS files to flash Toshiba C55-A-1TX laptop

YvD-Electronics

reputation_scoree

MotherBoard Model
PT10SG DSC MB Rev2.1
Laptop Model
TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A-1TX
Hi all,

Please find here a description of my complete request ...

I need the BIOS (bin files) to re-flash the BIOS chips on a Toshiba laptop.

Why I am pretty sure I need this to repair?

1) Power supplies seems OK.

2) Battery has been replaced, is charging well ... also not the CMOS battery CR2032, also not OK without RAM, or 1 or the 2 RAM modules (RAMS are OK).

3) Laptop does really rare (seems random things) with the 3 leds (power, net, ...)

4) In the past, when trying to restart 100 times via power button, it was sometimes succeeding, now no more.

5) There comes nothing on the screen, laptop does nothing, no picture, no text, even not the first start screen. Nothing, no beeps either (only power on and some flashing leds).

6) Because of computer does not do anything, of course, unable to boot on any external support like usb stick, cd rom, or whatever ... So i had to dismount completely the computer, and remove the chips, and dump them with external universal programmer (RT809H).

I didn't find any 100% match on internet, or here (I mean motherboard type/reference), and so I am not sure if the correct files are already present on the forum or somewhere else, it is why I am creating a new request.

Computer data:
TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A-1TX
Part N°: PSCGNE-017006BT
S/N ZD230521S
Toshiba Europe GMBH

Motherboard:
On the PCB silkscreen written: PT10SG DSC MB Rev2.1 Paper Labelled H000062960 WKD51

The BIOS Integrated Circuits are 2x Winbond, both located on the underneath side of the motherboard, nearby the 3 LEDs on the front => So needed to completely remove the motherboard:

1) Winbond W25Q32FVSIQ => a 32MBits (4MB) memory for the main BIOS. SOIC8 SMD chip.

2) Winbond W25Q16DVSIQ => a 16MBits (2MB) memory for the ME I suppose. SOIC8 SMD chip.

I have put a copy of the original both chips in attachment (dump of the 2 bin files into a compressed "*.rar"). This is the actual status (with computer no more starting).

Also you find a picture of the laptop label.

In my opinion the following thread (see url hereunder) is maybe a match for my computer or very close to but I am not sure (I don't know the difference between *-1NK and *-1TX in the computer type reference):

https://dr-bios.com/threads/toshiba-satellite-c55-a-1nk-pt10sg-dsc-mb-rev-2-1-ver-1-40-bios.2378/

Another thing that I need to know too:
I have seen inside my original bin files that the following addresses are written with some of the data specific to my computer, and I suppose if I receive files originally sourced from another computer or not identified at all, then I will have to edit these zones to make them match...
  • 0x03218B-0x032196 => LAN MAC ADDRESS WRITTEN AS A TEXT.
  • 0x04A6C7-0x04A6CC => LAN MAC ADDRESS ENCODED HEXADECIMAL.
  • 0x04A720-0x04A7CC => DMI, LAPTOP IDENTIFICATION DATA.

This list is maybe not exhaustive or complete .... In this case, are there any other information to edit (do you have a kind of mapping of the memory to know where is what?)
If I edit some values manually, is there somewhere a kind of check CRC value to recalculate, to avoid the content being declared "corrupt"?

Thank you in advance for your reply and support...

Attachments

• Label_Type-of-the-Toshiba_20231113_140440389.jpg
    Label_Type-of-the-Toshiba_20231113_140440389.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 0
  • C55_BIOS_Dumps.rar
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

YvD-Electronics

reputation_scoree

Hi,
Thank you for your quick answer. However, it is the exact information I gave in my initial request, so I already found that one. I am not 100% sure it is a match as I found a lot of differences making a compare with my original dump.

Could you please answer the questions I had in my request?
Zones to personalize the computer data and so on...
Is it normal to have huge differences when comparing to the dump I made? ... I was expecting only some bytes being corrupt.
Also what about the CRC check?

Thank you!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic

Users who has read this topic