File Request Problem with HP PROBOOK 430 G5 BIOS

Mike Gou

Mike

reputation_scoree

MotherBoard Model
DA0X8BMB6F0 REV F
Laptop Model
HP PROBOOK 430 G5
Hello. I have a laptop HP PROBOOK 430 G5 with crashed bios chip which cannot get programmed or erased via programmer (error address violation) and i replaced it with new one. I programmed the new one with bin file found on Dr BIOS site but now it says on post screen "soft temporary disabled. To enable ME check AMT option in F10 setup. System is booting in manufacturing program mode".
Am i doing something wrong? Is there something special with these laptops regarding BIOS?
I managed to save the old bios first, which i attach, but i dont know if it is valid since the chip had problem and could not be programmed.
bios chip is W25Q128FVSG
Thank you.

Attachments

• old hp g5.bin
    16 MB · Views: 5

Ahmad Kor

Staff member
Admin

Hi, try the attached file

Attachments

• new.bin
    16 MB · Views: 2

Mike Gou

Mike

reputation_scoree

Thank you for your answer. I flashed it with the programmer and now it says "system is booting in Manufacture program mode". should i follow the tutorial's video instructions you attached or this is a different case because it does not say in unlock mode.
Thank you.

Mike Gou

Mike

reputation_scoree

Hi. Problem solved, you were right! It did not say "Manufacture mode is in unlock mode" but it was unlocked as I saw in the config.txt from HP BCU utility. I locked it and then it asked to edit the system information, I did and warning is gone. Just for the record if anyone else gets to this problem, it asked for the "Feature Byte" information which you can get through partsurfer.hp.com by entering your serial number. The value is IMG_DESC1 and IMG_DESC2 fields from the results, joined together.
Thank you very much.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic

Users who has read this topic